Do you want to improve the lives of working people?
We are looking for someone with 5 years communications and media experience to help us develop and implement the comprehensive communication strategy needed for an historic effort to improve the conditions of working people in South Florida.
Responsibilities: Assist in the development of a comprehensive communications strategy for progressive, growing labor union in Florida. Conduct all media work including taking press calls, developing media messages related to campaigns, doing media outreach, and pitching stories. Responsibilities also include working with staff to write and produce flyers, brochures, print and radio ads, and other communication pieces.
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to write quickly, clearly and concisely
- Ability to do basic layout on the computer
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong commitment to improving the lives of working people
- Creative, strategic thinker
- Ability and willingness to work in fast-paced environment
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English strongly preferred
To apply: Send cover letter, resume and writing samples to Andrew McDonald, SEIU email@example.com